AK Balloon Run 2.0
Run for your healthy lives in the city!
After an adrenaline-packed kick off in 2014, the AK Balloon Run 2.0 is back! The fuchsia themed fun run will congregate running aficionados in the city this 15th of August.
What makes the AK Balloon Run special is that runners are required to run with four balloons tied to their body, which is to be carried with them throughout the race. The scenic route will take runners through the heart of the golden triangle passing by the iconic twin towers on Jalan Ampang, through the skyscrapers and landmarks on Jalan Pinang, Jalan Binjai and Jalan Mayang, then finally completing the race over at Avenue K’s main entrance on Jalan Ampang again.
Top three winners in the Men’s, Women’s and Family categories will be rewarded with cash prizes while the remaining top 10 qualifiers will receive prizes. All finishers will receive medals while everyone who participates gets a race kit and Ultron Micro Dry T Shirt.
Date and Time
Date: 16 August 2015
Race Kit Collection
Date: 14, 15 August 2015
Time: 12pm - 10pm
Venue: Level 3, Spanish Steps, Avenue K
7KM - RM65
5KM - RM130
Fees are exclusive of administrative fees
Race Bib Design
Custom Designed Colored Pewter Medals
Rules and Regulations
AK Balloon Run Mechanics
1. All participants will be handed 4 balloons before the run.
2. All balloons is to be tied to any part of the body and carrying the balloons throughout the run is compulsory.
3. Each balloon will represent 5 seconds. Therefore any balloons missing when the participant crossed the finishing line, 5 seconds per balloon will be added to the official time for eachballoon.
Eg : Runner A clocks 20 minutes 40 seconds and has 3 balloons with him. The final time will be 20 minutes 45 sec.
4. No replacement of balloons will be given under any circumstances during the run.
5. All judging decisions by the organiser is final.
6. E-certs timing will be issued based on the official time each participant clocks, excluding the penalty of the balloon timing.
7. For family category, minimum 3 and maximum 5 members per family. Strictly only for parents and children under 12 years old.
8. For family category, at least 3 (father, mother & kid) in the family must complete the race together. Otherwise they will be disqualified.
9. Individual category participants will receive 1 goodie bag, 1 dry fit race shirt, 1 race bib with timing chip, 1 electronic certificate and top 1200 finishers for the overall event will receive medals.
10. Family category participants will receive 1 goodie bag, 4 dry fit race shirts, 4 race bibs, 1 electronic certificate and 2 medals.
11. Registration is not transferable and registration fees is non-refundable.