This 5th March 2017, the Malaysia Women Marathon turns 5! Through this amazing journey we hope we have impacted on women’s lives in some away or another. We have seen the growth in women running long distance and we would like to thank the men who gave their innumerable support in making Malaysia hold a women’s marathon thus encouraging women empowerment.
The emblem for this year is a pentagonal ring consisting 5 inner rings of pentagons in an outer pentagon. This denotes the 5th edition of MWM and our celebration for MWM2017. This emblem will be on our official apparels throughout the event. Come to our expo to buy our official apparels.
For MWM2017, we have started the plan to have the route certified by IAAF (International Amateur Athletic Federation) in addition to the sanction by the Selangor Amateur Athletic Association and Malaysian Athletic Federation. Last year’s route is being re-measured by an IAAF certified measurer and hence will be a IAAF-certified Route for MWM2017once we apply. This will enable the race in MWM to be a qualifying race. Enjoy the route again. It’s rather challenging.
Personal Male Pacers : Full and Half marathon for 5th Edition Celebration
In MWM, year after year, we are proud of all the men who had steadfastly run as personal pacers for the women in this event without any prize or benefits for them.
So for this year, we have decided to say thank you to the male pacers by awarding top 5 prizes for them. Their position will be based on their timing that they finish with their pacee. So please remember that the male pacer cannot finish ahead of their pacee to secure their position. As we celebrate the 5th Year of MWM, we also open up the registration for male pacers for the Half marathon category. Thank you for your support on women empowerment.
Finally, the Children’s Run makes its way into MWM! Presented by Columbia Asia Bukit Rimau, the Children’s Run consist of 2 categories. The younger children run 2km whilst the older ones can try their luck for 5km run. Top 15 timings will also be recorded for your certificate and run to top 5 to win great prizes. Good Luck!
Lucky Draw Prizes for when you register to run
When you register you will stay a chance to win some fabulous prizes which will include slots to run international marathons or half marathons. So hurry up sign up and don’t miss your chance.
See you soon for the running clinic sessions. See the schedule for the running clinics in the website. We have also included a training plan for you to start training upon registration to run at MWM2017.
See you @ our expo with many brands and interesting feature on wellness. Please be welcome to join us for our women dialogue session which promises no less exciting conversation on gender equality.
But most importantly, see you on 5th March 2017, Race Day at Shah Alam, Selangor where we can celebrate together on Malaysia Women Marathon turning 5 years old!
Start time: 4:00am 5th March 2017
Bib A Open 18-39 years old
Bib B Veteran 40 years and above
Bib C Male Pacer Full Marathon
Start time: 5:30am 5th March 2017
Bib C Open 18-39 years old.
Bib D Veteran 40 years and above.
BIb F Male Pacer Half Marathon
Start time: 6:30am 5th March 2017
Bib G Open 18-39 years old.
Bib H Veteran 40 years and above.
6km Fun Run:
Start time: 7:15am 5th March 2017
The 6km is for the runners who have taken their first steps to running. Welcome! It is not a competitive run and there will not recording of your timing. This is an experience to run with a bigger group.
Columbia Asia Bukit Rimau Children’s Run:
Start time: 7:15am 5th March 2017
6 - 9years old Group 1
10 - 12years old Group 2
There are prizes for top 5 for each category
13 -15 years Old
There are prizes for top 5 for each category.
Date: 5th March 2017 – Shah Alam Stadium
The Race Venue has been changed to Stadium Shah Alam, We will start the run from Zone A of the stadium. The Race Village will be there. This highway will be closed to traffic from 2am - 10am. Please note there will be a cut off time on the highway.
Please look at the map and the checkpoint cut off time. Should you not get to the checkpoint by that cut off time, you will not be allowed to continue your run into the highway. We advise you to follow the training plan and schedules for the running clinic so that you will be able to ensure you meet this cut off time.
MAP of MWM
Subject to minor changes depending on technical advice from the Persatuan Olahraga Amateur (Amateur Athletic Association) and the IAAF route measurer:
Map of 42km
Map of 21km
Map of 10km
Map of 6km
Map of Children’s run
Map of 5km
It will be the part of the route used by the 6.5km runners.
Map of 2km
The increase of fees is to be used to sustain some part of the toll fee to be paid to the concessionaires of the highway, Lebuhraya Kemuning Shah Alam and the good service tax effects.
|Category||Early bird Registration
1st November 2016 -31st January 2017
1st Feb - 4th March 2017(subject to availability)
|Full marathon category|
|Malaysians and expatriates with PR and working permits||RM98||RM110|
|Male/Female Pacers who are entitled to similar items as pacee||RM98||RM110|
|Half Marathon Category|
|Malaysian and expatriates with PR and working permits||RM83||RM95|
|Male/Female Pacers who are entitled to similar items as pacee||RM83||RM95|
|Malaysia and expatriates with PR and working permits and international runners
6- 9 years old Group 1
10-12 years old Group 2
|5km 13 -15 years Old||RM30||RM30|
* All prices are excluding online payment gateway fees
*The Organisers will announce in January 2017 on the additional Prizes for all the position winners.
*The Organisers will announce in January 2017 on the additional Prizes for all the position winners.
Columbia Asia Kids Run Prizes
Full Marathon - 6.30 Hours
Half Marathon - 3.45 Hours
10km - 2 Hours
The programs are attached. However, to carry out the programs needs guidance from the Trainers. Please attend the training session and be consistent with the training. Should you be an outstation or overseas participants, you may follow us on the mentoring page of MWM on facebook and pose your question therein. https://www.facebook.com/groups/MWM2015Mentoring/
Training Plan for Full Marathon
Day to Day Training Plan
* Weekly Mileage based on training paces towards a 4h:30min FM, your actual weekly mileage may defer* Weekly Mileage based on training paces towards a 4h:30min FM, your actual weekly mileage may defer* Weekly Mileage based on training paces towards a 4h:30min FM, your actual weekly mileage may defer* Weekly Mileage based on training paces towards a 4h:30min FM, your actual weekly mileage may defer* Weekly Mileage based on training paces towards a 4h:30min FM, your actual weekly mileage may defer
Training Plan for Half Marathon
* Weekly Mileage based on training paces towards a 2h:30min HM, your actual weekly mileage may defer* Weekly Mileage based on training paces towards a 2h:30min HM, your actual weekly mileage may defer* Weekly Mileage based on training paces towards a 2h:30min HM, your actual weekly mileage may defer* Weekly Mileage based on training paces towards a 2h:30min HM, your actual weekly mileage may defer
Residing in Malaysia for many years, Karsten is a certified Personal Trainer under ACE (American Council on Exercise) and having run several marathons over the years, Karsten has created a training plan for MWM participants to work on and improve their times. Karsten’s recent stint as a coach was at the 2XU Run 2015 running clinics. When he is not winning the top 5 positions in any races, you can find him as a pacer and supporting local running events.
His personal blog www.marathonorange.com is another channel that he leverages on, to share his experiences, tips and views about running and fitness. He runs a specialized Personal Training studio offering innovative training methods, addressing the needs of today’s busy lifestyle. His training method is an alternative to strength training in conventional gyms, saving you considerable time. The methodology is scientifically proven through research in top sports universities. Celebrities, top athletes of all major disciplines and most successful sports teams have adopted this method. Welcome Karsten to MWM!
Karsten’s sidekick in this coaching team. Darren has trained on a regimented program earning him a recent best time of 3:04hrs for his Kuching Marathon 2015. He runs a weekly mileage of 100km -140km. Together with Karsten, Darren was the co-coach at the 2XU 2015 running clinics. His technique of training to improve will be a great help to MWM participants to train and guide the MWM participants coming for the running clinics. Darren’s performance as a runner is trailblazing as Karsten, regularly taking the top 5 position in most runs. Welcome Darren to MWM!
- Organisation.-MWM 2017 is organised by Malaysia Women Marathon - Irongirl Malaysia Sdn Bhd. (hereby known as the Organiser).
- All prospective Participants must complete an official MWM entry form in the online registration in order to participate in the race and agree on the waiver online.
- Completion of the official MWM online registration including manual registration, confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by all event Rules and Regulations. Registration for participation in the race is only confirmed upon the successful completion of the race entry form, entry fee payment and issuance of a race identification number.
- Participants must complete their registration details with true, accurate and current information.
- Inaccurate or incomplete information can be grounds for disqualification or barring from the event with no issuance of a refund.
- Participants must agree to receive contact from the event Organisers from time to time by email. Any notice sent by email by the organizer or the party so assigned by the Organisers to the supplied address on the registration form shall be deemed received by the Participant.
- Only Participants wearing the provided timing chip will be timed and included in the final race results.
- Each Participant is allowed only one prize-money award. (whichever is the higher). Eg If a Malaysian woman has won a top 6 position in both Women open and Malaysian Women, she has to opt to take one prize.
- Transfer of bib registration is not allowed and any substitution of runners must be with the consent of the Organiser and they will not entitled to any prizes nor other entitlement and shall assume any risk at their own expenses.
- Abiding rules and regulation of the event and local laws. In addition to adhering to the event’s Rules and Regulations, Participants will be required to abide to all local laws and customs while participating in the event.
- Waiver for loss. The Organiser will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the event baggage storage facility and any areas related to the Event.
- Baggage deposit The Organiser also reserve the right to check any item or baggage deposited.
- The Organiser reserve the right to modify or substitute any of these R&Rs and/or T&Cs from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, the Organiser shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, they will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these R&Rs and/or T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
- Postpone on situation beyond control. The Organiser reserve the right to cancel or postpone MWM 2017 at any time with or without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If the MWM 2017 has to be postponed, there shall be no refund of fees paid and the Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
- Amendment on routes . The Organisers reserve the right to amend the MWM 2017 race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day / date of the event. The Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
- Participant’s waiver on safety. Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organisers to ensure the Participants’ safety, Participants take part in MWM 2017 at their own risk and the Organisers will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in MWM 2017.Participants upon registration hereby waived their rights to take any legal action whether or not contractual or negligence or under any laws or enactment against Organiser for any loss, injury and damage pertaining to their participation in MWM 2017.
- Participants are strongly encouraged to consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
- Items not allowed Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route for all categories.
- Safety & medical
- Participants must be physically fit and in good health to complete their chosen race distance within the designated cutoff time.
- Participants are responsible for their own personal health insurance and wellbeing. The event Organisers assume no responsibility for any injury or damage that occurs from training, during or as a result of the event. Participants are encouraged to consult with their medical practitioner prior to the event.
- Participants must retire from the race immediately if asked / requested to do so by any member of the officials, medical personnel or security officers.
- Participant information
- By signing up for the MWM 2017, the Participants agree to grant the Organisers permission to collect, analyse, or distribute any personal information regarding the event as they deem fit, including any races statistics and demographic information to be used for any future planning, data, research, marketing, and/or any other purpose.
- The Organisers reserve the right to use any photographs, video, sound recordings, personal statements / interviews or any other media from the MWM 2017 as they deem fit, including in future marketing and commercial advertising.
- Race Entry Pack collection
- All Participants must collect their race entry pack during the designated Race entry pack collection time period, details of which are on the Venue so stipulated. If Participants are unable to collect their race entry pack in person, another authorized person may do so for them upon informing the Organisers and/or the race registration online company via their email address.
- Late collection will not be entertained, and the Organisers shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to Participants’ inability to collect their Race Kit. It is the sole responsibility of the Participant to collect their Race Kit during the collection period.
- Uncollected Race Kits will be deemed as unwanted, and the Organisers shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly. After registration, there will be no fee refund for Participants who do not eventually take part in the MWM 2017, for any reasons whatsoever.