|Penang Ultra 2017|
|Town Hall, Esplanade, Jalan Padang Kota Lama|
|30th September 2017|
|RM150 - 350|
This is the 4th consecutive year for Penang Ultra 2017, the ultimate road ultra race in Malaysia that you do not wish to be missed. Brave yourself for the challenge again!
The main objective of this ultra-endurance race is to make Penang famous as a world recognized ultra-running and runners state. This event is unique in that besides promoting a healthy living through running, it also introduces Penang’s world heritage sites as well as the inner beauty of the island.
This year we bring you a 100km Relay on 50km for those who wish to try it ultra with your friend or partner. Thus Penang Ultra 2017 comprises of 4 categories, that is the 50km Ultra, 84km Round Island and 100km Solo Challenge and 100km Relay on 50km.
The 100km Solo Challenge, 84km Round Island and 100km Relay 1st leg course start in the Esplanade, Padang Kota Lama and goes through the Unesco World Heritage Site ,Georgetown. You will then view the beautiful night view of the longest bridge (Penang Second Bridge) and 5th longest bridge (Penang Bridge) in Southeast Asia and pass through charming fishing villages and farms. All runners will be great by rural village experience while cruising through lush green hills and durian farms and enjoying the beauty and fresh air of Penang. Lastly we will take you through the coastline of Teluk Bahang, Batu Ferringhi, Gurney Drive and back to the Esplanade. For those who are up to the challenge, the 100km Solo and 100km Relay 2nd leg participant course will need to hike up to the top of Penang Hill. It is a 5km ascend with an elevation of 670m before descending down and continuing the race to the Esplanade. All the different terrains showcase the natural beauty and diversity of Penang .
This is a unique, challenging and beautiful night ultra race for enthusiasts as well as a perfect chance to take part in an unforgettable event. Come join us and experience the fear in the dark.
- 100km Solo Challenge - 30th September 2017 21:00
- 100km Relay on 50km - 30th September 2017 21:00
- 84km Round Island - 30th September 2017 21:00
- 50km Ultramarathon - 1st October 2017 03:00
Race Kit Collection
Date: 30th September 2017
Time: 9.00am - 6.00pm
Venue: Penang Town Hall, Esplanade
Category and Fee
All participants will stand to receive the following entitlement:
- Event Singlet
- Finishing medal within cut-off time & other goodies.
- eCertificate of participation
- Start to Check Point 1:Esplanade Padang Kota Lama to Food Court Opposite Seagate
- Distance: 15.9km - A flat 3km tarmac road with 12.9km bicycle lane mixture of tarmac and cement road from Persiaran Karpal Singh all the way till Industrial Zone.
- Cut-Off Time: 23:40pm
- Check Point 1 to CP 2: Food Court Opposite Seagate to Teluk Kumbar Sin Choon Kopitiam
- Distance: 12.5km - 2km Flat Bicycle Lane follow by Flat Tarmac road, the view of Penang Bridge and Penang Second Bridge on your left, passing thru Penang Industrial Zone but some heavy construction area.
- Cut-Off Time: 01:40am
- Check Point 2 to CP 3: Teluk Kumbar Sin Choon Kopitiam to Sekolah Kebangsaan Genting, Sungai Nipah
- Distance: 6.5km - Flat road before a 2.8km climb of 139m elevation and 2.3km downhill to Balik Pulau.
- Cut-Off Time: 02:35am
- Check Point 3 to CP 4: Sekolah Kebangsaan Genting, Sungai Nipah to Sekolah Kebangsaan Sungai Pinang, Jalan Sungai Rusa
- Distance: 14.3km, its a challenging mental flat straight route
- Cut-Off Time: 05:10am
- Check Point 4 to CP 5: Sekolah Kebangsaan Sungai Pinang, Jalan Sungai Rusa to Dewan Majlis Bandaraya Pulau Pinang, Telok Bahang
- Distance: 5.9km up hill with fresh cold air, 6.0km down hill and flat to reach CP
- Cut-Off Time: 07:00am
- Check Point 5 to CP 6: Dewan Majlis Bandaraya Pulau Pinang, Telok Bahang to Penang Water Sports Centre
- Distance: 9.7km
- Cut-Off Time: 08:40am
- Check Point 6 to CP 7: Penang Water Sports Centre to Gurney Drive Roundabout
- Distance: 7.9km flat road
- Cut-Off Time: 10:00am
- Check Point 7 to Esplanade, Padang Kota Lama: Gurney Drive Roundabout to Esplanade, Padang Kota Lama
- Distance: 4.8km flat, last lap home
- Cut-Off Time: 15:00pm (100km), 11:30am (84km), 11:30am (50km)
- Check Point 7 to CP 8, Penang Hill: Gurney Drive Roundabout to Penang Hill
- Distance: 7.3km from Gurney Drive Roundabout to Penang Hill, 7.6km from Penang Hill back to Gurney Drive
- Cut-Off Time: 13:00pm