I Love Penang –Seberang Perai 2018 6KM Fun Walk – Rules & Regulations
1. The I Love Penang - Seberang Perai 2018 6km Fun Run is open to all Malaysians and Non-Malaysians aged 5 years old and above. Parental consent is required for participants under the age of 16.
2. The I Love Penang - Seberang Perai 2018 6km Run is a non-competitive event and prizes for top finishers will not be available.
3. The registration fee is RM21.26. Registration fee includes t-shirt, finisher’s medal and E-certificate.
4. Once registration has been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for participants who do not eventually take part in the event for whatever reason.
5. By signing up for and providing any information, personal or otherwise, in order to gain access to any product(s) or service(s) and/or participate in any program(s), event(s), talk(s), demonstration(s) or any activity(ies) involving the Organizers and the event sponsors (the Sponsors), the individual is deemed to have given written permission for the Organizer and the Sponsor to collect, analyze, collate, share, disclose to third parties, sell and/or otherwise use without any liability to the individual, any personal information relating to that individual as may in its sole discretion deem fit, including without any limitation for its program, planning, data- processing, and statistical or risk-analysis, research, fund-raising and/or any other purposes in furtherance of the functions.
6. The Organizer reserves the right to modify or substitute any of the event’s rules and regulations from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of the provisions, the Organizer shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, the Organizer will take into account the interests of all the affected participants.
7. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel the Event at any time without prior notice to the participant, in which case the Organizer will make effort to inform the participant prior to the date of the event. If the event has to be cancelled, refunds are not available unless the Organizer deems fit to give a refund and the Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconveniences caused.
8. There will be no fee refund if the event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organizer and which renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the event.
9. The Organizer reserve the right to amend the route as they deem fit for the safety of the Participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the participant prior to the date of the event. The Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
10. Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organizer to ensure the participants' safety, participant runs at their own risk and the Organizer will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the run. Participant must withdraw from the run immediately, if required to do so by the Organizer, medical staff or security officer.
11. The Organizer reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entry without giving any reason and notice.
12. Change in t-shirt sizes after the registration confirmed is strictly NOT allowed. Participant must collect their race kit at the race kit collection location during the collection period, of which details will be stated on the official website. If participant unable to collect their race kit in person, they may empower a duly authorized representative in accordance with the procedure detailed on the official website.
13. Late collection will not be entertained. Race kit not collected during the collection period will be deemed to be unwanted. The Organizer reserves the right to dispose or re-distribute accordingly.
14. The Organizer reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the event, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising.
15. The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Rules & Regulations without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.