· Pisang Relay Penang 2018 is opened to participants of 13 years age and above. Participants below 18 years of age must obtain consent/permission from their parents/guardian at their sole discretion.
· The confirmation of participation is ONLY VALID once the payment on the registration fees is confirmed.
· A Confirmation Email will be sent to participants’ registered email upon payment is made.
· All entries are NOT REFUNDABLE AND NOT DEFERRABLE.
· No refunds will be entertained once full payment is received.
· The organizer may, at their discretion refuse any entry, cancellation or postponement of the event without due notice in the event of any unforeseen circumstances. No claims of any kind arising from abandonment, cancellation or postponement of the event shall be entertained.
· Entries close on 30th September 2018.
2. Collection of t-shirt & running bibs
· Exact venue and date for collection of event Tshirt, race bib and other entitlements are to be confirmed,and shall be announced through official Facebook page.
· The organizer will try to fulfill the T-shirt sizing indicated by participants on the entry form; however, it is not a guarantee that participants shall be provided the “correct” sizes if any discrepancy occurs that is out of the organizer’s control. There shall be no size exchange allowed during the collection day.
· Wearing of the official race bib during the event is compulsory, while wearing of the official event T-shirt is strongly encouraged.
· Race bib must be visible at all times on the outside of clothing (FRONT of the body). Do not modify, cut or fold the race bib. Do not deface race numbers with stickers, markers, or any writing.
· Strictly no exchange of race bib is allowed, and participants who are found to have done so will be disqualified immediately.
3. Event Day
· The starting point will be at Taman Rekreasi Kuari, Taman Botani Pulau Pinang.
· Registration of race (Collection of banana baton) starts at 6:00pm to 6:45pm.
· Late comers will not be entertained.
· All participants must gather at the starting line at 7:00pm, with flag-off at 7:30pm.
· Please refer to the route online.
· Participants must follow the route at all times and are not allowed to divert or take short-cuts.
· Participants need to collect ribbons at our respective check point(s).
· Please follow the directions given by the event crews along the route at all times. The event crews have the right to disqualify participants at any point along the route for not following the rules.
5. Finishing Point
· The finishing point will be at Taman Rekreasi Kuari, Taman Botani Pulau Pinang.
· Upon completion, participants are required to show their race bibs, 6 ribbons and two bananas in exchange for the finisher medals and other entitlement (if there is any) at the respective counters. Participants who fail to show the required items are not entitled for the finisher medals.
· Only finishers who complete within the stipulated time shall be provided with finisher medals.
· Finisher medals are required to redeem on the event day itself, failure to collect on the same day shall be consider as forfeited.
6. Time Limit
· Time limit for the run is 3 hours.
· The cut off time for Pisang Relay Penang 2018 is 10:30pm.
· Any participant who wishes to withdraw during the event is required to hand in their race bib numbers to the event crews along the route.
· Organizer should also be informed through emergency contact immediately if any participant wishes to withdraw.
8. Medical Advice
· As a precaution, all participants are advised to undergo a check-up one month prior to the date of the event.
· Medical assistance where possible, organizer shall attempt to have medical teams at the start / finish line. However, participants are requested to take care of their own safety before, during and after the event.
· In the event that participant requires medical assistance, please seek the help of the nearest event crew.
· Participants are required to run on the road except as directed by the event crews or RELA volunteers.
· Unauthorized vehicles are NOT allowed to accompany the participants.
· Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course other than official race and medical vehicles.
· The organizers reserve the right to remove any participant deemed physically incapable of continuing with the race to prevent him/her from causing greater harm and injury to him/her.
· This is only a guide, and organizers are not responsible for any injuries, losses, damages, death and other undesirable occurrences before, during and after the event.
· The organizers reserve the right to amend and/or make changes to the event rules, terms and conditions, race routes and/or other arrangements as they deem fit/appropriate, to cancel, to postpone or reschedule the event date to a later date for the safety of the participants and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the race, at any time without prior notice to the participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the participant prior to the date of the race. The organizer shall not be held liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
· Cheating is absolutely abhorred. These will be duly disqualified.
· All participants, crew and volunteers must display courtesy, good taste, decorum, and sportsmanship at all times. Nudity is specifically not allowed.
· All decisions made by organizers are final, and no disputes shall be entertained.
· The organizers reserve the right to publish and display the names, the event photographs, audio and/or visual recording for advertising and publicity purposes without compensation and prior notification to the participants of Pisang Relay Penang 2018.
· The organizer will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, the belongings.